Monday, May 3, 2010

The Two Paths Before Me

So I work at a pizza place. It's not the worst job ever, its not the best job ever, its a job. I have risen through the ranks in the 11 months that I have been back (this was my high school job as well as my oh-crap-I-have-student-loans-to-pay job now) as high as one can go without becoming management. My best friends there are the managers. What can I say, I appreciate people who aren't idiots... My best friend is stepping down as a manager. She is changing a lot in her life and is doing things to make her happy and I am stoked for her. I am apparently also slotted to replace her.

I was told today "I really can't think of anyone else who I would trust to step up, but you're going back to school... aren't you?"

Yes, I am going back to school. My first degree got me as far as $7.95/hr and living with my mom. I'm hoping I can do better with the second. And better for me is not managing a pizza restaurant.


Though I am flattered to have been thought of, truthfully. I sometimes wonder if I'm valued for the work that I do and this demonstrates to me that I am.

I have decided on my path for now. Will there be future forks and more decisions down this path? Of course. But for now, I'm set.

No comments:

Post a Comment